Thursday, April 29, 2010

recipe ideas for dinner (or whatever)

I was making tilapia for the kids the other day and I realized that the method I was using is not one I have seen here. I learned it from my sister-in-law in Spain.

It's very simple - - - flour and then egg.

Cut the fish - tilapia, snapper, whatever boneless fish - - and make it thin. You know how a double piece of tilapia has one side thin and the other thick? I take a big knife and open the thick one so it's 2 thin ones.

once you do this what was not too much fish seems like a lot more.

Now cut them into pieces around 3-4". Not bite-size exactly, bigger than that, but also not a whole big piece.

have one dish with a beaten egg and another with flour.

put salt on the fish first.

heat oil in a pan - any oil you want, really.

then put the fist first in the flour on both sides, then the egg then directly into the hot oil. should cook quickly.

I like to use chopsticks to flip the pieces of fish (trick from dad - works great) - -

when the pieces are looking good on both sides put on paper towel for a few minutes and serve.

Guaranteed people will like it. It's like breaded but not so bread-y. And relatively low-carb except the flour. Nobody's perfect : )

try it - you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment